Students will be able to
- find the solution set of equations which involve the absolute value of an expression in one variable,
- find the solution set of equations which involve more than one absolute value expression (in the same variable),
- sketch graphs in order to solve absolute value equations.
Students should already be familiar with
- solving linear equations.
Students will not cover
- absolute value inequalities,
- the absolute value of expression in more than one variable,
- piecewise-defined functions.