Students will be able to
- understand the properties related to finding the limit of
- a sum or difference of functions,
- a product or quotient of functions,
- a constant,
- a function including a constant multiple,
- a function raised to an integer or fractional exponent,
- a composition of functions,
- understand and combine the properties of limits to simplify and evaluate limit equations.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding limits by direct substitution.
Students will not cover
- one-sided limits,
- finding limits using algebraic techniques (where direct substitution leads to an indeterminate form).