Students will be able to
- recall that the positron is the antiparticle of the electron,
- recall that the electron is the antiparticle of the positron,
- recall the relative and absolute charges of the positron,
- recall that an antiparticle is a particle with an opposite charge but the same mass,
- recall that when a particle and antiparticle collide, they will annihilate, producing photons,
- recall that a particle–antiparticle pair can be produced by high-energy photons,
- know the symbols for a positron.