Students will be able to
- deduce the multiplication property of inequalities, which is that when multiplying or dividing both sides of an inequality by the same number, the inequality stays balanced,
- deduce the division property of inequalities, which is that both sides of an inequality can be multiplied or divided by a positive number without changing the inequality’s direction,
- understand that if both sides of an inequality are multiplied or divided by a negative number, the direction will be changed,
- know that solving one-step inequalities means finding the unknown value to make the statement true,
- use rules to solve one-step inequalities.