Students will be able to
- distinguish between a scalar and a vector,
- understand that a vector has both magnitude and direction, especially that a vector with negative components still has a positive magnitude in the opposite direction,
- recall important vector quantities: displacement, velocity, acceleration, and force and recall their corresponding scalar quantities, if applicable,
- use both column and , notation to denote vectors in two dimensions,
- calculate the magnitude and direction of a 2D vector using trigonometry.