Students will be able to
- describe the function of the nervous system,
- label and describe the functions of the main parts of the nervous system (the brain, spinal cord, and nerves),
- label and describe the main parts of the brain (the cerebellum, cerebrum, and brain stem),
- identify and describe the sensory organs (eyes, ears, tongue, nose, and skin),
- describe how messages are sent through the nervous system when the body responds to sensory input (stimulus),
- describe how the voluntary nervous system controls voluntary movement, such as moving an arm, and the involuntary nervous system controls involuntary movement, such as the movement of food in the stomach.