Students will be able to
- describe organisms belonging to kingdom Monera as being unicellular, surrounded by a cell wall, and not possessing a membrane-bound nucleus,
- recall that kingdom Monera is divided into two groups, Eubacteria and Archaebacteria,
- compare and contrast the characteristics of organisms belonging to Eubacteria and Archaebacteria, including the composition of their cell wall, the environments in which they live, and their genetic material,
- give examples of organisms belonging to Archaebacteria and Eubacteria,
- classify given organisms using knowledge of these kingdoms.