Students will be able to
- describe the common characteristics of organisms belonging to kingdom Fungi as being heterotrophic, unicellular/multicellular, and immobile,
- describe the cells of fungi as being eukaryotic and surrounded by a cell wall primarily made of chitin,
- recall that many fungi can reproduce sexually and asexually,
- recall that fungal organisms are classified into phyla according to their structure and method of spore production,
- describe the reproductive methods of the phyla Zygomycota, Ascomycota, and Basidiomycota,
- apply knowledge of the phyla of kingdom Fungi to correctly classify given organisms.