Students will be able to
- understand the vertex form of a quadratic equation and how to use this form to find the features of the graph of a quadratic function, including the intercepts, extrema, vertex, axis of symmetry, range, and domain,
- use the vertex form of a quadratic function to consider the number of solutions a quadratic function will have graphically,
- convert between the different forms of a quadratic function to find its key features,
- understand the features of the graph of a quadratic function in factored form, including repeated roots,
- find unknown values in a quadratic function equation using any of its features and points on its curve,
- identify the possible equation of a function in any form from its graph.