Students will be able to
- describe the structure of the female genital system, including the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and vagina,
- describe the functions of the components of the female genital system,
- identify different structures in a transverse section (T.S.) of an ovary, including the ovum, corpus luteum, and Graafian follicle,
- state the phases of oogenesis as multiplication, growth, and maturation,
- describe the events that occur at each stage of oogenesis to produce a haploid ovum,
- recall that the second meiotic division will be completed upon penetration of the oocyte by a sperm cell.