Students will be able to
- relate various units to appropriate quantities whose values the units measure,
- show that compound units can be produced by multiplying and by dividing the units associated with quantities,
- understand that the product of a unit and a value is constant for a measurement.
Students should already be familiar with
- SI and closely related units,
- SI and closely related quantities,
- the idea that values of quantities have associated units.
Students will not cover
- formal dimensional analysis,
- calculations of values.