Students will be able to
- recall that digestion is the process of breaking down large molecules into smaller ones that can be absorbed and used by the body,
- identify the small intestine from its location in the body or description of its function,
- describe the structure of the villi and associated microvilli that line the small intestine,
- explain how the products of digestion are transported into the blood and lymph,
- recall that water absorption and defecation are functions of the large intestine,
- describe the adaptations of the large intestine, rectum, and anus for defecation.