Students will be able to
- define displacement reactions,
- write equations for displacement reactions of metals,
- compare the reactivities of metals, carbon, and hydrogen based on the outcomes of displacement reactions,
- identify the position of carbon and hydrogen in the reactivity series,
- predict the outcomes of a displacement reaction based on the reactivity series,
- predict and explain the changes observed during displacement reactions such as color or temperature changes,
- describe simple experiments to monitor displacement reactions.