Students will be able to
- understand and use two-way tables to calculate probabilities,
- find conditional probabilities using two-way tables.
Students should already be familiar with
- operations on events such as union and intersection,
- conditional probability and the formula ,
- two-way tables,
- basic probability rules,
- calculating combined probabilities.
Students will not cover
- two-way tables with more than three columns or three rows,
- Bayes’ theorem,
- checking for dependent or independent events.