Students will be able to
- understand that muscles are joined to bones through tendons and that this enables movement,
- understand that muscles work in pairs; moving a joint involves one muscle contracting (getting shorter) and the other relaxing (getting longer),
- recognize that a contracted muscle feels hard and that a relaxed muscle feels soft,
- recognize that the heart is a muscle and understand its function,
- identify which muscles are involved in different exercises, like the use of leg muscles in running.