Students will be able to
- use the rules of exponents to solve exponential equations where the variable appears as part of the exponent.
Students should already be familiar with
- rules of exponents (product, quotient, power, product of power/quotient, zero, negative, and fractional).
Students will not cover
- solving exponential equations using logarithms,
- solutions that require the use of fractional exponents during simplification steps,
where the fractions are not unit fractions:
- for example, is fine, but should be avoided.