Students will be able to
- define the center of mass of an object as the point from which the force of its weight acts (in a uniform gravitational field),
- visually estimate the position of the center of mass of regular compound objects,
- recognize that an object is stable if a normal reaction force acts on the object vertically below the position of the center of mass of the object,
- recognize that the center of mass of an object can be a point that consists of empty space within the object,
- identify the common center of mass of multiple objects.