Students will be able to
- understand and use notation for the compliment, subset, intersection, and union of sets and the empty set,
- understand rules of probability, including the following:
- use rules of probability to calculate probabilities of complements, intersections, and unions of events,
- use probability rules to solve problems in context.
Students should already be familiar with
- probability of simple events,
- dealing with fractions and percentages.
Students will not cover
- the probability of simple events,
- the difference rule for probability,
- conditional probability,
- Bayes’s theorem.