Students will be able to
- simplify rational functions by finding and eliminating common factors in the numerators and denominators,
- state the domain of a rational function by considering values of for which the denominator is equal to 0 (including a function that can be simplified),
- identify when two rational functions are equivalent,
- identify the common domain between two functions that reduce to the same simplified form,
- recognize when two rational functions are equivalent for values in their common domain.