Students will be able to
- find arithmetic sequences given information about two nonconsecutive terms,
- find arithmetic sequences given equations relating their terms including sums and products,
- solve problems related to arithmetic sequences given relations between their terms.
Students should already be familiar with
- working with arithmetic sequences including how to work out the common difference, find the general term, and find individual terms,
- common formulas associated with arithmetic sequences, for example, ,
- forming and solving systems of equations,
- arithmetic mean.
Students will not cover
- arithmetic series.