Students will be able to
- define what mineral hardness is and describe the Mohs scale of hardness and its applications,
- define what mineral cleavage is and mention the different types,
- define what mineral fracture is and give examples,
- compare between mineral fracture and mineral cleavage,
- define mineral malleability and ductility and give examples,
- recognize and define other physical properties including specific gravity, magnetic properties, thermal properties, taste, touch and smell.