Students will be able to
- solve equations involving simple reciprocal trigonometric functions (secant, cosecant, and cotangent),
- recognize the periodicity of reciprocal trigonometric functions and use this to determine all the solutions to a particular equation.
Students should already be familiar with
- reciprocal trigonometric functions,
- how to solve equations using trigonometric inverses.
Students will not cover
- solving equations that require factoring or squaring,
- solving equations that require simplification using double- or half-angle formulas.