Students will be able to
- understand that a map is a drawing of an area of Earth’s surface,
- identify and understand how to use a key on a map,
- identify and understand how to use a compass rose on a map,
- identify and describe different landforms and bodies of water on a map,
- draw a map of a local space, like a schoolyard,
- explain the use of different maps for different purposes; for example, some maps show surface features while others show cities and towns,
- use maps to gather information about an area of land or a body of water.