Students will be able to
- understand how to use the modal verbs must, might, and can’t to make deductions about the present or the past,
- use the modal verb can’t to express certainty that something is not possible or was not possible,
- use the modal verb might to express uncertainty about something in the past or the present,
- use the modal verb must to express certainty about something in the past or the present,
- understand the difference between the uses of the modal verbs might, must, and can’t to express varying degrees of certainty.