Students will be able to
- simplify trigonometric functions using cofunction identities and odd/even function identities,
- evaluate simplified trigonometric functions using exact trigonometric ratios (or other identities such as the Pythagorean identity).
Students should already be familiar with
- cofunction identities and relationships,
- odd/even function identities,
- exact trigonometric ratios,
- Pythagorean identities.
Students will not cover
- evaluating arbitrary angles of trigonometric functions (requiring a calculator).