Students will be able to
- understand that the derivative of a function can itself be differentiated to form a higher-order derivative of the original function,
- understand and use the notation for higher-order derivatives, including prime notation and derivative notation,
- find the second-, third-, and higher-order derivatives for a function,
- find the value of the second-, third-, and higher-order derivatives of a function at a given point.
Students should already be familiar with
- first derivatives,
- the rules of differentiation (product, quotient, chain, etc.).
Students will not cover
- implicit differentiation.