Students will be able to
- recall that beta particles have a relative charge of ,
- recall that the term beta particle is just another name for the electron,
- recall that electron neutrinos and electron antineutrinos have a relative charge of 0,
- recall that when a nucleus undergoes beta decay, two particles are emitted, an electron and an electron antineutrino,
- recall that when a nucleus undergoes beta decay, the relative charge increases by 1, the atomic number increases by 1, and the mass number stays the same,
- solve nuclear equations involving beta decay,
- interpret nuclear decay charts that show beta decay.