Students will be able to
- practise the past simple to talk about completed actions in the past,
- use the past continuous to talk about an action that occured in the past for a certain period of time,
- use the past simple with the past continuous to show a shorter action being interrupted by a longer action,
- use conjunctions (e.g., while, as, and when), prepositions (e.g., during), and adverbs (e.g., just) with the past simple and the past continuous,
- understand that stative verbs are not used in the continuous tense.