Students will be able to
- understand the difference between speed and velocity,
- understand that velocity has both a magnitude and a direction,
- calculate the average velocity of an object traveling in one dimension (rectilinear motion),
- understand and interpret graphs of displacement to calculate the average speed or velocity over an interval,
- understand and interpret graphs involving speed and velocity,
- calculate average speed and velocity of an object whose motion is described by vectors,
- calculate an unknown distance or length of times based on given knowledge of speed or velocity.