Students will be able to
- understand that the magnitude of a 3D vector represents the length of the vector,
- find the magnitude of a 3D vector when given its components,
- find an unknown component in a 3D vector when given the other components and the magnitude of the vector.
Students should already be familiar with
- the magnitude of a vector in 2D,
- addition, subtraction, and scalar multiplication of 3D vectors,
- the properties of vector magnitudes under addition and subtraction.
Students will not cover
- vector multiplication.