Students will be able to
- describe what matter is,
- state different characteristics that can be used to describe matter,
- explain the melting and boiling points of a substance,
- describe, with examples, how the hardness of substances can differ,
- describe, with examples, how the thermal and electrical conductivity of substances can differ,
- know how the chemical reactivity of metals can vary using the reaction with oxygen as an example,
- provide examples that show how the application of a substance is related to its physical or chemical characteristics.