Students will be able to
- understand that a system in static equilibrium can be solved by equating clockwise and counterclockwise moments, along with horizontal and vertical forces,
- solve problems involving bodies in static equilibrium, including calculating unknown forces, moments, and masses,
- solve static equilibrium problems involving bodies (e.g., ladders) placed on a rough surface,
- calculate unknown lengths and angles for bodies in static equilibrium,
- solve problems involving attached and freely rotating bodies in static equilibrium.