Students will be able to
- recall that the human body contains 206 bones,
- describe the structure of the axial skeleton as being composed of the vertebral column, the skull, and the thoracic cage,
- recall that the skull is divided into anterior and posterior parts,
- describe the function of the spinal column and the vertebrae in protecting the spinal cord and maintaining body posture,
- describe the function of the thoracic cage in protecting the vital organs and providing support,
- describe where in the axial skeleton fibrous and cartilaginous joints are found.