Students will be able to
- compare dimensions of 1–100 nm to atoms, molecules, particles, and everyday objects in order to appreciate the relative size of nanoparticles,
- transfer mathematics skills to express nanoparticle sizes using scientific notation and calculate volumes and ratios,
- use calculations to analyze the effect size has on the surface area to volume ratio of particles,
- link properties of nanoparticles to their uses in order to understand the importance of nanotechnology in society,
- list uses of nanoparticles and the associated potential risks.