Students will be able to
- understand that stocks and bonds are means for entities to borrow money directly from the public,
- understand the legal rights granted to shareholders (stockholders) and bondholders,
- know the differences between stocks and bonds,
- understand that issuing and trading stocks and bonds are regulated through the stock market,
- understand different roles of the primary (issuance) and secondary (exchange) stock markets,
- understand the functions of the stock market in a country’s economy.