The portal has been deactivated. Please contact your portal admin.
Lesson: Converting Capacity: Customary Units
Mathematics • 5th Grade
In this lesson, we will learn how to convert between fluid ounces, cups, pints, quarts, and gallons and how to compare capacities including mixed units.
Students will be able to
- model the conversions between ounces, cups, pints, quarts, and gallons,
- use multiplication and division to convert between units of capacity,
- convert with whole numbers, fractions, and decimals,
- compare two measurements with different units,
- solve simple word problems by converting units.