Students will be able to
- describe the digestive system as an organ system where different organs work together to digest food,
- identify the main organs within the human digestive system,
- describe the adaptations of the digestive system, including the role of villi in the small intestines, the role of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, the purpose of bile, and the purpose of enzymes released by the pancreas and the small intestine,
- recall that food that cannot be digested is removed as feces from the body,
- describe how digested nutrients are absorbed into the transport systems of the body.