Students will be able to
- prove that two parallelograms between two parallel straight lines with a common base, or bases of equal length, have the same area,
- identify when two parallelograms have the same area,
- find the area of a parallelogram given the area of another parallelogram that shares the same base,
- find base lengths and heights of parallelograms given the area of another parallelogram,
- understand that a parallelogram and a rectangle that are between the same pair of parallel lines and share a common base have the same area,
- understand that if a triangle shares a base with a parallelogram and its other vertex lies on the opposite edge of the parallelogram, then the area of the triangle is half of that of the parallelogram.