Students will be able to
- evaluate and graph logarithmic functions with different bases,
- sketch transformations (translations, dilations, and combinations of both) of logarithmic functions,
- recognize the features and characteristics of logarithmic functions (increasing, decreasing, asymptotes, etc.).
Students should already be familiar with
- the exponential function,
- the definition of a logarithm.
Students will not cover
- the domain and range of logarithmic functions,
- natural logarithms,
- solving logarithmic equations graphically.