Students will be able to
- describe the movement of electrons through the electron transport chain and the active transport of hydrogen ions from the matrix to the intermembrane space,
- state the products of oxidative phosphorylation as being water and ATP,
- outline the role of , , and the electron carriers in the electron transport chain,
- define oxygen as the final electron acceptor in the electron transport chain,
- describe the chemiosmotic theory of ATP production in terms of the movement of hydrogen ions through ATP synthase.