Students will be able to
- find the components of a vector represented graphically,
- describe vector components in terms of the numbers of units right/left and up/down, and vice versa,
- express a vector in terms of the two unit vectors and ,
- identify the initial and terminal points of a vector,
- understand the relation between vector components and initial and terminal points,
- understand that equivalent vectors have equal corresponding components.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the coordinates of a point on a coordinate plane.
Students will not cover
- adding and subtracting vectors,
- three-dimensional vectors.