Students will be able to
- determine the values of sine, cosine, and tangent in the different quadrants of the unit circle and do likewise with the reciprocal trigonometric functions,
- determine the values of different trigonometric functions, in a specified range, from a given value of another trigonometric function using the different quadrants of the unit circle, including sine, cosine, tangent, secant, cosecant, and cotangent.
Students should already be familiar with
- trigonometric ratios and the unit circle,
- the signs of trigonometric functions in different quadrants of the unit circle.
Students will not cover
- finding trigonometric equivalences using the Pythagorean identities,
- using other identities to determine trigonometric equivalences.