Students will be able to
- understand that the solution set of a system of equations is graphically represented by the point or points at which the lines intersect,
- understand the possible solution cases that arise when solving a linear–quadratic system of equations by using the discriminant, specifically,
- if , then the system has two solutions,
- if , then the system has one solution,
- if , then the system has no solution,
- draw the graphs for systems of two linear equations or one linear and one quadratic equation, solve them by finding the points of intersection, and verify the solutions using substitution,
- solve real-world applications of systems of equations.