Students will be able to
- construct a circle through one point,
- construct a circle through two points,
- recognize that infinitely many circles can be drawn through one or two points,
- recognize that all of the circles drawn through a single point, say , with equal radii lie on a congruent circle whose center is ,
- recognize that two circles cannot have more than two points of intersection (unless they are coincident) and that the smallest circle passing through two points, and , will have a radius of length ,
- recognize that a circle is defined by three points,
- construct a circle through three given points and be familiar with circumcircles and how they can be constructed.