Students will be able to
- find an unknown angle measure in a right triangle (given a figure) using the sine, cosine, and tangent ratios, and their inverse functions,
- draw a figure from a question and determine an unknown angle in a right triangle,
- interpret and solve real-life and applied problems using right triangle trigonometry.
Students should already be familiar with
- the Pythagorean theorem,
- solving for a side in a right triangle using the trigonometric ratios (sine, cosine, and tangent).
Students will not cover
- non-right triangle trigonometry.