Students will be able to
- name the four quantum numbers that describe an electron within an atom,
- describe each of the four quantum numbers and its notation,
- identify the different values each quantum number can have,
- describe the relationship between each of the quantum numbers and atomic orbitals,
- write the quantum number for a particular electron within an atom,
- determine the total number of electrons that can be assigned to each quantum number (e.g., can have 8 electrons max; , can have 6 electrons max).