Students will be able to
- recall that digestion is the process of breaking down large molecules into smaller ones that can be absorbed and used by the body,
- recall the overall organization of the human digestive system,
- describe the role of the teeth, tongue, and salivary glands in buccal digestion and the role of the esophagus in transporting food,
- describe the role of the stomach and stomach acid (gastric juice) in gastric digestion,
- describe the role of the small intestine, bile, pancreatic juice, and intestinal juice in intestinal digestion.