Students will be able to
- understand the definition of a composite function,
- recognize notation for function composition,
- form a composite function using two given functions and ,
- form a specified composite function involving more than two functions (or by composing a single function with itself),
- understand that, in general, function composition is not commutative,
- find the domain and range of a composite function,
- evaluate a composite function at a given value of when given the two (or more) original functions algebraically or graphically or when relevant values of both are given.