Students will be able to
- understand the difference between dependent and independent events based on the context of the problem,
- calculate probabilities for scenarios involving independent and dependent events,
- determine if two events are independent by checking rules for independence.
Students should already be familiar with
- mutually exclusive and independent events,
- conditional probability,
- Venn diagrams,
- tree diagrams,
- basic probability rules.
Students will not cover
- calculating conditional probabilities.