Students will be able to
- understand and describe how two different variables can be related,
- determine if two different variables have a linear or nonlinear relationship,
- describe the relationship between two different variables in terms of positive and negative correlation,
- describe how strongly correlated two different variables are based on the proximity to a line of best fit on a scattergraph or a scattergraph without a line of best fit.
Students should already be familiar with
- plotting coordinates on scattergraphs to show the relation between two variables,
- line of best fit,
- one-variable statistics.
Students will not cover
- calculating the correlation coefficient for two variables,
- finding the equation of the line of best fit.